Saturday, 3 December 2016

maXy (Zelda) vs Pika4Life (Pika) @ SDW

WIP

SV Game 1

BF & Lylat literally suck for us (Pika gets so much from working with platforms), FD sucks for Pika for the opposite reason & T&C Pika doesn’t get much reward from small ceiling/awkward platform positioning.

My thoughts are Pika, he’s like a cheap man’s Sheik, really good combos/strings, hard to hit, but he doesn't have a great neutral, bad range & he doesn’t have many safe approach options.

7:54 P4L spamming empty SH, so DA was a good catch on ascent.
7:51 Pika lands on platform & camps, which Zelda can’t punish. Safe
7:50 His falling Fair, catching my rising Nair attempt. Good on his part. My Nair if earlier would be somewhat safe on shield I think which is why I went for it.
7:46 Bad AD, one thing I should’ve done is either take the hits or jump to safety when there’s an opening (like here).
7:40 Extended hurtbox got a trade. D
7:35 Could’ve shielded/Dash Back. Enough space behind me
7:30 Probably could’ve went to the ledge, platform was coming my way. Possible NL on the Nair if I committed to FF
7:19 The Rising FH Nair I wanted at 7:51 connects. Drop through Nair on his part may have beat it if he did it instantly
7:15 P4L airdodge after Dtilt
7:14 Me being bad & misspacing Usmash
7:09 Safe Dtilt nothing my opponent to do really to punish.
7:04 wanted stage, Ledge Hop Uair wasn’t worth the shield pressure IMO
7:03 good spacing on ledge attack on my part, Uair wasn’t guaranteed but we take those lol
6:57 P4L’s poorly spaced Fair on shield, missed opportunity to kill with FW (if I was baller) or Usmash.
6:50 Banking that P4L didn’t know that QA isn’t safe on shield.
6:39 Shitty combo, Falling Nair > Utilt > Usmash is optimal. Wasn’t expecting Dair at all. Deserved it tbh
6:29 Fuck that spacing against my NL
6:25 Not great Fsmashs, Fsmash probably would’ve traded with QA to my disadvantage. Panic NL but he rushed in.
6:22 Dash attack from this range, Dash Grab needed to be a step closer to get.
6:19 Uair maybe here? FW1 might’ve worked here as well & might get stage for free.
6:18 Fsmash
6:17 TRIGGERED!!!!11!! He Rolls against my Dtilt & gets free grab >=[
6:14 Bad falling Fair trying to catch neutral getup, free reactable ledge attack from me.
6:06 Got the read on the AD here but only got the sourspot
6:05 went for Footstool but it doesn’t happen. Sad times but his punish was bad so
6:01 Got stuck trying to leave the platform. Had a feeling with him going for me so either NL or Spotdodge FW were the better calls
5:56 bad spacing on my part, should’ve went FH Dair if I wanted to go for it at this spacing. Jab or Ftilt at that position since he’s in the spacing for both. Stand on platform >>>>>>>>>>>> Dair
5:52 he’s expecting Beefy FW so he Nairs high.
5:50 my Fair is terrible, his Fsmash doesn’t have a lot of lag. Should’ve landed on stage & take the Fair maybe. Better than going offstage & losing i-frames.
5:41 Desperate DA but he commited to the roll so I go unpunished. DA was me trying to cover ledge roll 10 years too late.
5:38 me either Dairing  which was the right timing for instant ledge grab or me being clumsily re-positioning myself. NL would be baller. Desperate Dair meaning lose stage.
5:35 More desperate moves from me, would’ve covered some aggressive aerials but no grounded options. He TJs the wrong way & gives up stage control. Bait out the shield gets me a grab but I didn’t throw. I’m so sick
5:29 Elevator/Usmash
5:27 Skarfelt AD (me AD at poor timings) which worked out since he committed to an aerial after the whiff
5:26 Should walk more, Dash put me in a position I couldn’t react to QA at.
5:21 He’s deliberately staying in the air for as much as possible to avoid getting grabbed. I was too obviously fishing for them.
5:14 P4L just throwing random moves, not spacing them too well. Caught him with a Dtilt underneath platform when he was fishing/safe pressure. His positioning wasn’t great so Dtilt could’ve traded at worst. Miss Uair, but LK hit him on mistech.

5:07 ran offstage to not deal with his i-frames. Nair was a decent idea, somewhat safe if I didn’t land onstage. No punish.

Ending is BS

No comments:

Post a Comment